New Hay Farmer in need of Experience and Guidance

vendredi 2 décembre 2016

My wife and I just purchased a 165 acre farm in central NY. There are currently approximately 60 tillable acres. Of that, 20 acres were hay field that was not cut in 2016. The remaining 40 acres were leased to a farmer who had soy and kidney beans planted. My plan is to have all tillable in hay. My question, how to begin, soil samples, brush hog fields that were not cut, have the fields limed, till old hay field, what to plant, etc... I know this can go a million ways, just looking for ideas on how to proceed. I currently have a JD 2640, New Idea Cut/ditioner, rake. Maybe some equipment suggestions. Any help will be appreciated.



New Hay Farmer in need of Experience and Guidance

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire