I tried to quit, I promise.

samedi 1 juillet 2017

We backed off on the custom work with the intent to just stack small square this year.
Our biggest customer called wanting us to stack some grass hay. It had been out up by another local custom guy. When I went over to look at it, and I am serious, the bales ranged from 38 to 49 inches. I also noticed a few bales were seven flakes and most were eight flakes. My wagon won't stack those.
He currently, as I type this, has four high school kids out there picking hay, about 1800 bales I would guess. Ouch. The young men are getting a dollar a Bale picked up hailed and stacked.
Anyway, the first thing I noticed was a rake in one corner of a big Alfalfa field and a very broken swather in a different corner. It looks to have died a horrible death. At this point I was guessing the other fella was just about out of business. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know what was coming next.
Even though I said I wasn't, I just did. Overall, I had to tune up my old swather a bit, but it ran well and the hay is on the ground.

I tried to quit, I promise.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire