Special thanks to a couple special guys

vendredi 23 février 2018

I’m breaking radio silence, to acknowledge a couple of folks and I posting this under machinery, because that is where these guy seem to do their best work. IMHO

 

First while at the NFMS in Louisville KY, last week with two of my sons and grandson. I came upon the Krone display, so I naturally as if Krone1 was in attendance. After a small interrogation (by his fellow cohorts, to see if I was an anti-Krone1 activist or something), he was pointed out to me. It was great to finally meet, shake hands and re-thank a guy that was a lot of help with my purchase and warranty fix of my new Krone tedder last year. Thanks again to Krone1 and his valuable assistance. BTW, a Krone Tedder is built like a tank and he is trying to get the marketing department to help him out on HT. Seems 10pm to 12pm at night isn’t always conducive to his ability to post answers and get some rest at the same time.

 

The second guy had told me if I was ever in the Southern Indiana area to stop and look him up, so I did so. It was also very satisfying to finally meet the one and only Mike10 face to face. Mike was a tremendous help to me with my NH round baler (just look at the ‘My NH repair procedures, tips & tricks’ pinned on HT).

 

A couple of side notes about Mike10, first southern Indiana NH folks look to be in good hands, should Mike ever retire. As I went in the store, I could but help notice a cute little girl (maybe 4, I didn’t ask and didn’t want to disturb one of Mike’s workers), sitting on a stool at the parts counter. She had a shop rag neatly laid out in front of her with carburetor (chain saw I believe), in pieces (all professionally neatly laid on the shop rag too). As I walked by later, I noticed that the carburetor was re-assembled, with no extra parts (like I would have had!). I think this little girl is Mike’s niece (so there is the possible heredity mechanical influence), but she sure impressed me with her mechanical skills. (For those wondering no, I did not ask about Indiana’s child labor laws, just let sleeping dogs lay, I have been told in the past.) And if she follows in Mike’s footsteps, I have to admit she would probably be a much better-looking service manager than Mike (this is where my comment about Southern Indiana NH folks being in good hands comes from, along with her already developing mechanical skills).

 

The second note is I didn’t realize Mike’s neck of woods was quite so hilly. If you go visit him, follow his directions and don’t do what I did and forget them on the kitchen table. Seems I thought I could just use Garmin (after leaving Mike’s instructions at home). :huh: Garmin got me there OK, but it seems that Garmin lead me down some narrower and narrower gravel roads after leaving the inter-state. Not that the route wasn’t scenic, just if I had met a 11’ discbine or even a 4 row corn head, one of us would have had to completely leave the roadway. I have seen farm lanes wider than some of the roads Garmin took us down. Mike did give me directions that were just as scenic, but all paved on the way back to the interstate.

 

An amazing thought on my part, is how great it is that Mike takes the time to help out folks on Haytalk, ALL while working a full-time job!!! He is definitely ‘giving’ away intellectual talent, along with his valuable time. :)

Anyhow, hats off to Mike and finally putting a face to name and being able to personally thank the guy for what he does (and did for me), thanks again Mike10. Hopefully, we will have Mike10 around to answer a lot of questions or give his insight for a long while. (However, I think if you have any carburetor questions, you might need to wait a year or so for what appears to be his well-qualified associate to get old enough to use the internet).

 

Both of these guys have full time jobs and are willing to give up some of their ‘free’ time to help others, I can’t say enough good things about them.  Thanks again Krone1 and Mike 10, you guys are some of the best!!!

 

Before I get myself into trouble, better silence the radio.

 

Larry



Special thanks to a couple special guys

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire