Hesston 540 round baler

samedi 17 février 2018

I have a Hesston 540, actually rebadged to Case/IH.  I bought it over 5 years ago and could never get it to work right.  When starting a bale, every few bales hay will travel up the bale chamber and wrap the top roller, the one that presses against the rubber roller.  It gets jammed so bad it can take hours to unjam.  Right now the baler is sitting with the tailgate up where I left it a year and a half ago jammed so bad I can't even run it backwards with a big wrench.  I pick away at it here and there, but it kills my bad shoulders.  Last year I bought a 530 as an interim baler and used that for the season.

 

A couple of years ago it spent over 5 weeks at the regional Case/IH dealer.  I instructed them to go over it hitch to tailgate and find and fix anything wrong.  2 trips back and forth and it still didn't work.  They got several thousand dollars of my money and in the final analysis left me questioning their competence, but to be fair a lot of the work they did needed to be done.  But it still didn't work.  So I took it to a New Idea dealer that had an old time mechanic, and he found a bunch of things the other dealer missed, and he even came out and walked alongside while I was baling.  But there it is, sitting in the yard jammed up tight.

 

I've scratched my head plenty over it, and questioned my own operating ability quite a bit too.  But I can make round bales with the 530, so it isn't entirely me.  My latest session had me wondering about the belts.  It has the stock style Chevron belts but I'm wondering if they are just too aggressive for my native hay.  I've looked back when starting bales and actually seen hay being tossed or dragged up towards the top of the chamber when starting a roll.

 

Sorry to be so long winded, does anyone have any opinions on the matter?  I'm just stubborn enough to keep banging my head on it.  Thank you.  :)



Hesston 540 round baler

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire