To Shred A Field Before Haying - Or Not?

lundi 19 février 2018

Hey guys, so I'm considering renting a hay field that (I'm told) was used a year ago. But it has some smaller (1/4" to maybe 1/2") saplings growing on it, some various "woody-er" weeds coming up here and there. If I get this thing, should I plan to bush hog it before I hay it?

 

Super noob questions I know, but I wanted you all's feedback if possible. When would something like this be appropriate to do, under what circumstances for the field, and how soon could/should I do it, if its going to be necessary? I fear shredding too early in the season might delay plant growth and too late in the season would push back how soon I could hay it. The grass here is just starting to turn green. 

 

I dont plan to make anything special, just mixed grass 4x5 rounds. Thanks in advance everyone. 



To Shred A Field Before Haying - Or Not?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire