What is this implement?

dimanche 11 février 2018

I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm a non-farmer volunteering for a non-profit that came into a large ranch, and I'm probably the most experienced at farming/ranching (only because my grandfather had a farm).

 

Along with lots of damaged irrigation equipment, we have a MF275 tractor (that I haven't got running yet, due to an injector pump problem), and a few implements.  One in particular is a little mysterious.  It's an Allis Chalmers 3-point, and it appears to be a very shallow roto-tiller with an adjustable "plane" behind the unit, as if maybe it's for preparing a seed bed?

 

It's sort of buried in the black berries, but the buried side has the 3-point and within the "box" there are very stubby tines on a shaft).

 

We've also got a broadcast seeder and a very wide 3-point with alternate rippers and plows.  It's always been a cattle ranch, so the three devices are no doubt pasture related.

 

Again, sorry for the lack of knowledge about this stuff...

Attached Thumbnails

  • 20180211_133354.jpg
  • 20180211_133426.jpg


What is this implement?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire