Hoelscher accumulator arm modification

dimanche 8 juillet 2018

Hoelscher sells a pushover arm modification manufactured by g.l.nause that fits the newer black Hoelscher accumulators. Hoelscher can tell you what serial number starts the line that require no additional modification to install. I installed The arm on my black accumulator with no problems.
I also have a 2000 red Hoelscher and installing the new modified push over arm requires some work. Or you can buy a new arm. I decided to try using the original arm and here’s how it worked out.
The square tubing arms extend into the triangular horizontal piece so after cutting off the front of the arm to the proper length one must cut an access hole on the opposite side to allow a cutting torch inside to carefully remove the tubing from both sides.
I then used an air drill to clean and deburr the rough edges. This has to be very smooth to allow the guide rail to slide. I thought I was home free until discovering the area within the horizontal piece is too small for the guide rail. The guide rail consists of tubing and a welded piece of channel. Carefully cut off the channel rail with a cutoff grinder wheel. Then remove equal amounts from both legs of the channel down to about 2.10” tubing & channel width. I tacked the channel several times and slid it in and out of horizontal piece before it worked.
I haven’t had a chance to really punish the modifications with thousands of bales, but initially I’m pleased

Attached Thumbnails

  • 66211BFC-0B20-4933-9075-8247DCB16A6D.jpeg
  • E23E429F-C853-4E48-9083-713AA211D575.jpeg
  • CF6B1B87-402F-41A3-9EA4-CEC98F904C93.jpeg
  • D51F99FA-A128-4086-9768-57D6684D4ACF.jpeg


Hoelscher accumulator arm modification

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire