Newbie to hay - what equipment to buy?

mardi 29 janvier 2019

Grew up on a farm my whole life, but never cut any hay myself.  I have 50 acres of grass hay ground that I would like to manage myself.  I  own a Kubota M7040 (67 hp) and need to buy some equipment.  Planning on putting up some small squares (600) and the rest rounds.  Ground is mostly flat, except 1 field (5 ac) which has a pretty good hill.

  

Considering the following:

 - Disc mower-  size/brand recommendations?

 - Wheel rake - 8 wheel?  Depending on mower size?  How do you decide?

 - Round Baler - considering doing smaller bales for easier loading and marketing to horse and acreage folks

 

We have a local custom small square baler with racks, so I won't need one of those.  Any advice is appreciated.  Located in Central IA



Newbie to hay - what equipment to buy?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire