Prowl on Og

mercredi 16 janvier 2019

I have established orchard grass but really suffered last year with the rain so I have to overseed this spring.  also did so last fall with highly variable results, 100% germ in one row, nothing sometimes right next to it.  So anyway, I am going to monitor the long range starting Feb 15 to seed as early as I can without frozen ground for two weeks after seeding.  Probably a mix of 15# of Persist og in the big box and 5+# hulled NVS og in the small box that is dropped on top of the ground but pressed tight.  Drill is Great Plains 10' NT.  My question, if I spray prowl after first cutting will I control any summer annual grass like goose, foxtail or crabgrass or will it already have germinated.  My thinking is that after first cutting with more access to light, that some, maybe a lot will germinate but checking with others to see what their results have been.

 

Brutal year here for paddock ruination and hayfield losses with the wet weather last summer then lots of summer annuals came in all of which died at frost so those bare spots are going to be easy pickens come march.  hopefully if I get the seed on early, I will get full cover before summer annuals start to germinate.



Prowl on Og

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire