Grain Cart to Feed?

vendredi 18 janvier 2019

I hope the idea works and others have tried it an it did.

I bought a grain cart with auger. I intend to use it for bulk pelleted feed. I have two self feeders but they are inside cattle pens. One is creep feed for calves, the other for wet cows. It is a pain to get the feeders in and out when the ground is muddy. I want to pull the grain cart to the feed store to get bulk feed. I hope to auger some into the feeders and also feed in the pasture troughs.

I bought a Caldwell 400 bushel cart. The tall sides bolt on. I was thinking of removing those so I could look back over into the bed. I would have to manufacture a cradle for the auger to rest as it is made on the front panel. I could still carry as much feed as I needed for a while.

 

I want to put some kind of extension on the auger down spout to channel feed into concrete troughs in the pasture. My grandfather made one out of "tote sacks" sewn together when I was a kid. He had it on our old Gehl grinder. I like that idea because it is flexible.

We brought it home yesterday and hooked it up today and am pleased so far.

 

Am I nuts to think this will work? Any ideas on a better way to make a downspout for the chute? 



Grain Cart to Feed?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire