Kuhn 4000RG, Gehl 2412 or neither?

jeudi 3 janvier 2019

I need to replace my NH 1431 and am looking at a gehl 2412 or a kuhn 4000RG.  I know almost nothing about either.  I am hoping I can get some insight on these discbines.

I have read the Kuhn has the diamond rollers that are specifically design for a discbine.  Since hay can come in at any angle on a discbine, having the diamonds makes sure the hay is always crimped.  At least that is what the marketing folks say.  I have also heard their may be issues with a gear box but there was a kuhn service recall to fix it, but I do not know if this is true.

 

I know nothing about the Gehl 2412.

 

I only have around 40 acres of hay a year (4 crops) so I can not justify buying a newer more expensive brand.

 

I am hoping someone can give me some insights into what is right, what is wrong with regard to these.  Is there something I should look for?  Should I stay away from one or both of them.  For example, how does the cutter bar and the rollers hold up?  How is dry time compared to other units?  Are there any common gearbox issues?  How about parts availability (Gehl)?   Any suggestions on where to look for excessive were.?

 



Kuhn 4000RG, Gehl 2412 or neither?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire