1700 feet of trench

dimanche 27 octobre 2019

I have 1700 ft of trench I need to dig, the water line needs to be 18" + deep.  The water line will be running down the middle of a dirt road that is our driveway. It is not flat, goes up a hill and back down so the center of the drive is better so I can keep the crown of the road in tact so rain water doesn't cause a ditch vs digging the trench on the side of the drive, well that's my thoughts anyway..

 

Instead of renting a walk behind trencher I figure I can come up with something tractor mounted with some advice from you folks.. 

 

The heaviest and strongest tractor I have is my JD 2030, I have a heavy subsoiler and a old 2 blade turn plow.  I figure if I make a couple passes with the subsoiler to loosen the rock hard red clay then use the turn plow with 1 blade removed and a couple passes I could trench a path deep enough for the water line.. 

 

 

What ya think so far ??

 

As for the water line, plan is to stare at the tap with 2" black roll plastic to the top of the hill, maybe 1/3 the distance , then neck down to 1/2" then a few hundred feet from the house drop to 1"  ...  

 

I don't have a middle buster but maybe it would be a good idea to get one??

 

So, I know someone here has done something similar, what can I do to make this a smooth process without renting something ?? 

 

Pic is of the driveway, it doesn't show how steep both sides are but you can see the distance and it's almost a straight run, driveway is at the top of the pic to the house..

 

Thanks, Chris

 

 

 

 

Attached Thumbnails

  • our place.jpg


1700 feet of trench

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire