Late season cutting of alfalfa og mix

jeudi 3 octobre 2019

Hey everyone. With this awfully wet and weird year my alfalfa field is lagging behind. I've only taken three cuttings and usually would easily get four. I'm located in middle Nebraska and now our weather is turning cold. It hasn't frosted yet but it is getting down into the 40's at night. Early this spring I intersowed some orchard grass and it came up very nicely. I'm looking for help in what I should do with the crop. This coming week should be dry all week with no chance of freeze. The field is blooming on the edges and spots into the field as well. The og is about 8" tall. I have some guys wanting small squares so it'd make some decent money but I really don't want to hurt the stand. What would you do?

Late season cutting of alfalfa og mix

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire