Last shot at 2019 hay

jeudi 17 octobre 2019

Thinking about giving trying a last push on some hay this weekend.  Rain moved out today, and showing the next 3 days in the 60's.  Have around 10 acres that came up not too long ago that hasn't been done this year.  I would like to make it dry, but not sure if it's going to make it.  Have had 2 frosts in the last week.  Regardless, I have to have it up Sunday.  Thought about wrapping it if it doesn't get dry, but would rather not.  Another 50 rolls would sure help me make it through the winter.

 

What moisture threshold should I be at on wrapping vs. not wrapping?  I have wrapped some hay on the drier side with mixed results.  Definitely know I need more wraps than the last time we tried it.  Right now the options are mow it Friday, bale and wrap Saturday, or mow Friday and leave it lay until Sunday, bale if dry enough, and if not, bale and wrap.

 

 



Last shot at 2019 hay

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire