Deciphering Vermeer Model Numbers

jeudi 31 octobre 2019

I am thinking about getting in the market for a used Vermeer baler to upgrade my existing 504SI.It has gotten to be a confusing mix of Models and Letters. I will stay with a Vermeeer because of the service options I have local, and a 504 or possibly a 604 size baler. I am going to list what I have found so far. I would appreciate everyone's feedback on my comments and the good/bad on the models/letters.

 

  • Vermeer had not completely worked out Net wrap on I or L series balers and it is a real PITA. 

 

  • As near as I can tell a I/SI with equal fill/ auto tie and an XL baler is the same baler. The difference is the updated Accu bale monitor. 

 

  • The Rebel series is a light duty, low usage baler with smaller rollers, bearings, chains & sprockets. Bale count above  5k or so is a big issue. 

 

  • Strangely J and K balers are older than I balers?

 

  • L series balers have gates problems not great balers?

 

  • M series are very good balers? Any known pros/cons?

 

  • N series are good balers? Not quite as heavy as a M?

 

  • R series have not been around long enough to grade?

 

  • Ranchers series are very good higher production balers with heavier chain/sprockets?

 

  • Pro series I know nothing about except the are Welger painted yellow? Is this a bad thing? I doubt my dealer could service them.

I see a lot of M's for sale. Do you think this is a sign that there are a lot of them out there, they are at the end of their life cycle, or are the a POS? 

Any advise on model/series you would suggest and more importantly which one's to stay away from is much appreciated. 



Deciphering Vermeer Model Numbers

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire