Hay....is it worth the hassle for some side cash?

samedi 18 avril 2020

Hello all, I'm 33, live in KY along Ohio River about 2 hours west of Louisville. My family has 75 to 80 acres of useable pasture(50ac)/hay fields(25 to 30ac) beef and hay farm. Been off of the farm for 8 to 12 years working union construction (crane operator) I remember cutting my teeth on dad's 756 IH with a NH Haybine, cant remember the size and raking at 10 or 11. He'd always bale it with old 605c Vermeer he recently upgraded to an F model lol. My dad is turning it over to me and my brother (who currently wants no part of it) within the next 10 years. With my work schedule it would be extremely hard to take care of cows without paying someone to look after them with my weird unpredictable hours. I'm not looking to make haying replace my construction gig, but can a guy really be successful on such small acreage? My first post so I used some of it as a friendly introduction to you all. I know I left some info out in terms of hay crop info etc. Anyway have a good one.

Hay....is it worth the hassle for some side cash?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire