Baling Wheat Without Tedder - Virginia

dimanche 12 avril 2020

Planted winter wheat this past fall as a cover crop. Given hay shortages this past year we’ve decided to bale. Baler won’t handle wet so I’ll have to bale it dry.

I use an ancient JD 640 roller bar rake. Looking for some guidance on raking. I’m using a mower/conditioner. I’m assuming I’ll need to mow, dry for two days, rake, dry for a day or so then rake again?

Also what moisture content should I dry the what out you assuming I don’t get rained out? I’m using a Hesston 5510 and have been told this baler won’t handle anything but really dry hay. Previous to this year we have square bales so I’m new to round baling and baling wheat any guidance is welcomed!!!!

Baling Wheat Without Tedder - Virginia

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire