Playing Teff

dimanche 26 avril 2020

I posted on here earlier in the year asking around about Teff hay, I have been skeptical after reading what a lot of y’all have to say but I have decided to try it I have a field with soybean stubble on it and would like to get a summer hay crop off of it before sowing down this fall but I am looking for advice on the planting. I have a Deere conventional grain drill with a small seed box and pull a cultipacker around behind it and have pretty good luck out of but I keep hearing 1/8” deep so I’m debating on if that’s the best way or should I work the ground lightly and pull the hoses off and let it drop, pack it in and hope for a rain in the next day or so? And another thing I understand is the seed is tiny, is it gonna wanna run through the drill so fast I can’t set it accurately? My Timothy seed always does fine through it but is this stuff smaller than that? If so I guess mixing with fertilizer and broadcasting mite be best, wat do y’all think?

Playing Teff

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire