small operation round baler, budget?

dimanche 12 avril 2020

I bale around 30 acres, primarily for my own animals. I would like to try and pick up an extra field and have extra bales to sell. I currently bale with a JD 535 that has a lot of "nuances" that slow me down a lot while baling. I've also given up on the net wrap on it, it just jams everywhere in the machine. Thinking it would be nice to get a baler I just get in and go with, should speed up my baling time considerably.

 

So here's what I'd like. A 4' wide baler, 5' is fine for personal use but it's hard to get buyers to pay you for that extra 20%. Also 4' bales load better on a trailer. Netwrap would of course be nice, but not necessary. Then there's the matter of how much to spend. There doesn't seem to be much under $10k except for some well used stuff like I'm currently running. Although there is a NH 630(twine) near me for $6500 that looks decent. On the other hand the JD dealer near me has a 07' JD458, mega wide, netwrap, ramp, etc... but it's $15k. Not sure if I can justify that much for small acreage.



small operation round baler, budget?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire