Hesston 5510 or Case 8440 Baler Help Please

dimanche 12 avril 2020

Hi All.  Last year I bought a Hesston 5510. It looked to be in good shape, got it foe 1K.   Tried to bale with it and all it did was plug up so I went back to squares. 

 

Over the winter I did some research and determined it was missing the Whole Forming Grid assembly.   So I found one from a place in alberta and got all the components for that assembly shipped out to me in BC.  

 

Over the past couple days I got the baler dug out of snow and up to shop,  Opened up and started looking at installing the forming grid parts.

 

The funny thing is, the baler has 7" wide belts, and the parts list for this baler calls for 4" wide belts....  So someone in the past went to a big expense to remove the forming grid and install wider belts......  As 7" wide belts are too wide to fit through the Grid.  I am completely puzzled as why someone would do that??  Has anyone heard of this modification????

 

So today I removed all the 7" wide belts, all are in good shape and I should be able to cut them down to 4"......

 

The other thing that is missing are some guide fingers that would be just above the bottom drive roll.  I should be able to make them as they are just 3/8" round bar welded on 1/4 x 1" flat bar..

 

If anyone on here would like to chat about this baler, I would really like to bounce a few things off them... 

 

FYI the Hesston 5510 and the Case 8440 are Identical, so anyone who knows either baler would be great to talk to.

 

Thanks in advance and Happy Easter to All

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_5374.JPG
  • IMG_5378.JPG
  • IMG_5381.JPG


Hesston 5510 or Case 8440 Baler Help Please

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire