Basket tedder and how much time it saves in the midwest

lundi 7 septembre 2020

I am thinking about breaking down and getting a 4 basket tedder.  I am wondering how much time they typically cut off the drying cycle, what to look for in a tedder, and how to use them?

 

I live in east central Iowa near the Mississippi.  We have lots of humidity and frequent rain.  We tend to have a heavy due most mornings.  It typically can take about 5 days to dry my hay depending on humidity, temp, wind, and sun.  For example, I cut last Monday night.  The hay was not dry enough to bale until Saturday.  If is very hard to get 5 days with no rain.  I prefer to put up dry hay, but we ended up wrapping most of our hay this year because we could not get it dry.

 

Questions:

1)How much time I can hope to save in the midwest?  I am hoping others in this part of the country can give me an idea how much time the tedder saves typically?

 

2) How to use it?  How do you know when it is time to ted the hay and when it is too late?  I have heard to early and you throw clumps around that do not dry well and too late you shatter all the leaves off.

 

3) what do I look for in a tedder?  How do I evaluate if it is worn out?  Brands that are better than others. Brands to stay away from?, etc

 

Thanks in advance 

 

Dave

 

 



Basket tedder and how much time it saves in the midwest

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire