Deere 582 BaleTrak monitor is ok!

samedi 5 septembre 2020

A few weeks back I posted about a possible monitor failure on my Deere 582 round baler.

 

Luckily we needed every spear of hay we had in small squares for the cattle in the barn, so there wasn't any huge push to fix it.

 

In the meantime I'd been thinking, and remembered that right before the monitor went bonkers, I was getting repeated "E231" error codes. That's a code something about the pickup sensor.

 

Finally I got sick of it, jumped out, and wiggled some wires on the microswitch down by the latch and valve you use to release the cropcutter knives. I figured that was what it was talking about. The code stopped, but I only made it once around the field before the monitor went crazy, lighting up every LED and refusing to boot.

 

Fast forward to today, I went back under there and fiddled with the same wire. I could see that the bare wires were bent hard over against the bracket holding the microswitch. Looks like the wire might be rubbed through and shorting out.

 

Jumped in the cab, turned on the key, and hit the switch on the monitor. BEEEEEEP! 582C! E221! It booted up!

 

So I plugged everything that I'd unplugged during the troubleshooting back in and it booted clean. 

 

Looks like it's the wires to that microswitch that are the problem.



Deere 582 BaleTrak monitor is ok!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire