Track Kit

samedi 5 mars 2016

I’ve performed the customary search before posing this question but haven’t come up with much?

I’m considering installing a set of tracks on a RTV X1100C if I move ahead with purchasing the machine. I have a few questions for those of you that have experience with a track system on the RTV. I’m anticipating that I would use the tracks for the winter season only. We receive a significant amount of snow during the season and it’s not uncommon to have 3-4 feet on the ground at any given time. I have a cabin that I’d like to use more often in the winter and road access is not possible since we don’t have it maintained during the winter months. The RTV would be used to haul groceries and supplies from my parking spot off the main road to my cabin located about three-quarters of a mile in from the main road.

I’m getting too old and fussy to use a snowmobile. I prefer the comfort and convenience of a heated cab. Along with the significant accumulation we also have some steep inclines and declines along the roadway. So onto my questions:

Given the weight of the RTV is the floatation with tracks sufficient to handle deep snow and steep inclines/declines?

Are there any specific techniques to be aware of when operating the RTV with tracks?

Does the RTV have sufficient power to climb steep grades? I realise that speed is compromised but just want to ensure that it can carry enough speed to make it up steep inclines?

Do tracks put any additional stresses on the drive train that would cause premature failures?

I’m considering the Camoplast T4S tracks and I understand that they make a track kit specifically for the RTV.

I appreciate any insight that you can provide.


Track Kit

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire