Vermeer 606C and some hay questions

mardi 13 septembre 2016

I bought a Vermeer 605c in July. Last month, I made some junk hay in a neighbor's field, lots of goldenrod in the grass. The baler worked fine, and I got the weeds off and good grass growing there.

Now I am trying to make a second cut in my own field. It was baled in May. We had a drought, so the grass was short and thin. I cut on a Saturday, more than a week ago. Between heavy dew, unexpected long hours at work and two rains, I still haven't baled it. It got rain after after I raked it, and I have no tedder, yet.

So the windrows are dark brown,moldy junk. That's OK, I can use it in the garden, and I want it off of the field.
Tonight, I thought it was dry enough. Every attempted bale clogged the baler above throat. It wasn't clogging between the feed rollers, but just above them. Sometimes the bale would roll out of round, other times it would roll round,but still plug. The bale would stop rolling, and the belts would slip, then stop.

Is this what I can expect from short hay, or rained on hay, or just too wet hay? The baler worked fine for me on longer, faster dried hay.

Any tips on unclogging? I think a broom handle to push the wads would help.
Is there a safe, quick way to lock the tailgate up on a 605c?

Is there a best way to burn a windrow of junk hay?

Thanks

Vermeer 606C and some hay questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire