Changing to wide belts, Vermeer 605C

dimanche 19 février 2017

I have a Vermeer 605C. Its all I am going to have for several years. It works and its paid for.

 

My belts are all smooth. I assume new belts with texture will work better, right?

 

All of my belts are very much short, limiting my bale size a lot. I want to replace some belts, and splice the remainder to the right size. I was thinking replace the outer 4 4" belts with two 10" belts, and a new center belt.

 

Any tips for cutting out the belt guides smoothly? I was thinking sawzall to cut the bar, and angle grinder smooth. I might be able to get a belt sander in there. Anything I am missing?

 

I might have to make a tailgate holder-upper to safely get inside.

 

Tips? Besides a newer baler. In good hay and good conditions, this baler has worked for me. For feeding only a few animals, I am not buying a different baler. I want full size bales, and the best operating I can get from the old technology.

 

Thanks



Changing to wide belts, Vermeer 605C

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire