V-Raking Field Patterns

lundi 27 février 2017

I now have a v-rake for the first time and am looking for suggestions on raking patterns in the field. I know there's a lot of different opinions out there, and that's what I'm looking for. So let me start with explaining my conditions:

  1. All of my hay is 100% grass. Mostly Timothy and Orchard.
  2. I cut everything roundy-round with my side pull disc mower, but I use a tedder on everything, leaving the hay completely spread out with no distinguishable windrows.
  3. My new rake (new to me that is) is a 10 wheel (with center kicker wheel) Frontier WR1212 standard capacity.
  4. Most of my fields are under 20 acres (except for one that's 40 acres) and have at least one straight long side.
  5. I bale all small squares (NH 5070).
  6. I typically am raking and baling each field simultaneously.
  7. Everything is picked up with a New Holland bale wagon.  

I've got some ideas, but am just stumped on what the best field pattern will be for me. what are you're suggestions?



V-Raking Field Patterns

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire