Mower for newly sprigged Coastal Bermuda

mardi 11 juillet 2017

I am new to hay and some of this has amazed me. Had few acres (15) sprigged in Coastal this March and was told to mow when it or weeds reached 7 inches and cut to 3 inches. Have been using rough cut and finishing mower for this job. Rough cut does ok in the cutting but does not spread out what it cuts and the finish mower spreads out what cuts very good but requiring slow, even below 3 mph due to the shear amount being processed. This last cutting may have  me where the finish mower will handle it as had heavy Johnson Grass which has me now mowing every week for it's control.

 

My question is would a hay mower be a better choice over a finish mower? I know it does not cut it up as does a finish or even rough cut mower but if only taking off 4 inches is that too much to drop on the 3 inches left? 

 



Mower for newly sprigged Coastal Bermuda

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire