JD 4840 work with Bale Baron

mardi 19 mars 2019

My hopes are to have our JD 4840 run our new 4240P Bale Baron. I installed a power beyond kit on the left scv’s bank. I have 5/8” hose connected to 3/4” couplers.
I tried tapping into the right side scv’s 1/2” feed line to a flow through coupler. I also installed a high pressure shutoff before that coupler. The problem with the 1/2” supply is the return to the tractor. JD mechanic told me I must put the return to the left bank scv’s. If not then I will starve the pump for fluid and burn it up. Only problem with that is the only inlets are 3/8”. So in typical hydraulic connections the supply being 1/2” then the return should be 1/2” or much larger like 3/4”. So choking it down to 3/8” makes me think that won’t work at all.

The 4840 hydraulic pump is rated at 23gpm.
The BB needs a minimum of 20gpm to run. 30gpm to run at its peak performance.

We have washed the hydraulic radiator/AC condenser very thoroughly. Raked the fins to straighten the smashed spots. Just changed the hydraulic fluid and both filters and cleaned the screen.

My main question is, will the 4840 run the BB hooked to the power beyond?
Will I run into heat issues with the 5/8” hose?
Should I use the 1/2” tap and just dump it back into the 3/8” port?

What about the load sense coming from the BB? There’s no load sense technology on the 4840. I have been told two different things so far. Unhook it and plug it. The other is put it into the side port of the power beyond.

We don’t get delivery of the BB until mid May. So I won’t have much time to experiment.

Thank you for the help!!

JD 4840 work with Bale Baron

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire