Ruts in Virgin Pasture from Land application of Oil Based Mud

lundi 25 mars 2019

I have a 80 acre virgin pasture in Central Oklahoma.  It still has the Buffalo Wallows in it.  An oil well was drilled on another pasture (mine) and I allowed the land application of the drillign mud.  I had experienced this with water based mud on some farm ground a few years ago and it was not a bad situation.  I had to disk some land several times to break up the mud, but the next year the yields were much better than historically.  

 

This field now has ruts nearly 1ft deep from the spreader truck and driving it over wet ground.  Tilling the field and smoothing it up is not practical as it is an 8 to 10% slope on this hillside.  Erosion would be terrible. We now experience monsoon rains instead of just an inch or two in a few hours.  I don't know what is cousing that, but I have had to resow several fields over the past 3 years.  How can we get the ruts out of the field?  I am looking at getting a scraper and bringing material in to fill the ruts smooth it with  a soil mover and then over seed with oats.  I ned to do something quick...

 

If I had known this company was going to do such a sloppy job I would have had my attorney look at the contract and modify it.  Their employees stole us blind including stealing our windmill and several pieces of antique horsedrawn farm equipment...



Ruts in Virgin Pasture from Land application of Oil Based Mud

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire