Vermeer 504 Super I Bale Density Charge

vendredi 29 mars 2019

I took my 504 over to my local Vermeer dealer to recharge the bale density. We disconnected the cylinders, hooked the hoses to a tractor, and fully stroked the cylinders in and out 12 times. We found that a JIC fitting on one of the cylinders was loose so I assume that was the cause of the system charge getting low. We reconnected the cylinders and cycled the tailgate and pressure rise was seen at the gauge and I could adjust the pressure fine. The two cylinders length are adjusted so that they begin to move at the same time when the gate opens.  

When the tailgate is lowered, the cylinder on the gauge side does not fully retract by about a inch. The other side does. The service man said he thinks it is the piston seals on the cylinder. My question is whether this is important? There is 0 pressure on the gauge when the gate is down.

Should I go ahead and pull the cylinder and replace the seals or try it like it is for the first cutting? Lastly, any suggestions on how much pressure I should look for at the gauge? I bale an orchard grass/fescue/clover/timothy mix. Second and third cuttings have Johnson grass.

Thanks for any help.



Vermeer 504 Super I Bale Density Charge

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire