CJ-4 Oil NOT to be used in RTV...??

jeudi 23 mai 2019

I haven't looked to see what is sold in all the stores in my area but I was surprised to read in the WSM for the RTV-X900/RTV-X1140 on page G-11 where it states: "The CJ-4 Engine Oil is intended for DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) type engines and cannot be used in this vehicle."
On page G-8 it specifies under "Engine Oil: CF or higher".
The Chevron Delo-400 15W40 oil I used for the last oil change is "CK-4" and states on the container "Meets requirements for CJ-4 and prior" (words to that effect).
The service classifications of oil descend thru the alphabet has been my understanding and that subsequent classifications always met prior requirements. So I am wondering if anyone else is noticing what is available locally.... and what they are using in their equipment. (or is anyone paying attention to this at all.)

(I have also been using the CK4 in my M4700 tractor which is a non DPF engine, in fact it's a non-emissions engine made in 1996. It's Owners Manual specifies oil meeting CC or CD.)

Edit: Continuing thought on this at 3 AM leads me to wonder if I shouldn't just go to bed and get some sleep. I wonder if that warning against CJ-4 oil is perhaps only for engines which have EGR, as the page G-11 chart also addresses "with or without external EGR" and states that engines with external EGR cannot use CF-4, CG-4 or CH-4 oils but that they can use CF or Cl-4.

Still, the warning against using CJ-4 "in this engine" seems odd.


CJ-4 Oil NOT to be used in RTV...??

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire