Summer to Fall Herbicide and Planting

jeudi 30 mai 2019

To all who may have some helpful advice:

This fall I am planning to no-till drill fescue and and orchardgrass to my pastures for the first time. I thought it would be best to spray some type of herbicide prior to planting so I do not have weeds competing with my freshly planted grass, but I seem to keep getting mixed opinions from other farmers and the local co op on the best course of action. A little background on my situation is my pastures are located in North Alabama. I had soil samples done last fall and applied the recommended amount of fertilizer to the fields this March. The fertilizer alone has made a big difference, but the grass still is not as thick as I think it should be. I don't have an abundance of weeds now, but my objective is to kill all weeds possible before planting this fall, without hurting the new grass.

 

Any opinions on when and what type of herbicide to apply prior to planting? 



Summer to Fall Herbicide and Planting

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire