Newer VS Older Seed Drills - Worth it?

mercredi 29 mai 2019

Hello there,

 

I'm in the market for a seed drill to plant crops that I'll later turn into hay. Mainly sudan grass, oats, and rye. I'm looking around but I don't know very much about seed drills, so I wanted to ask for you all's help on this. There are many older John Deere Van Brundt drills for sale in the $1000-$1600 range which look perfectly serviceable, and there are 8200 and 8300 / 8350 / even some newer looking 450 drills for $3000 to $5000. Which is best? I realize that's a very open ended question, but I was hoping that someone who knows a lot about seed drills could share what some of the improvements would be on the newer ones.

 

Do you think they'd be worth it, for what I'm trying to do? I'm happy to spend the extra money if its worthwhile to do so, and/or if parts are easier to find for the newer stuff, but without these reasons I'd rather not. What do you think?



Newer VS Older Seed Drills - Worth it?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire