504 Super I - Hay getting in front of belts

samedi 25 mai 2019

This is my 2nd year using a Vermeer 504 Super I. I only rolled a small field with it last year and I noticed hay getting in front of the belts so, upon suggestions I have replaced the pickup teeth and recharged the bale density system. I rolled 82 rolls over the last two days with a few problems.

A ball of twine got mucked up and had to be replaced and about 1/2 dozen bales only tied one string. Its my hay and its going in the barn so not a big deal.  

Three bales in a row the tailgate cracked open and alarmed and I had to dump the hay and roll it back out. Still not sure what may have been going on and hoping to get suggestions.

The 2nd field I rolled was thinner and dry. Hay was accumulating in front of the belts pretty bad and I had to stop several times to clear it. It was jamming at the top of the baler and I was afraid it would rub against the belts and catch fire. Are there any other corrections I can do the help this?

I don't know if this is a problem but I notice that nearly every time I open the tailgate, about 1/2 way up there is a whistle like hyd. fluid being restricted. Is this normal or is there something I should adjust?

Today I was doing maintenance on the baler and when I turned on the PTO everything was turning except the belts. As soon as I opened the tailgate they started spinning. Will adjusting the tension springs on each side help this?

 

Thanks for the help.



504 Super I - Hay getting in front of belts

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire