489 haybine knives get above guards

dimanche 26 mai 2019

I hope someone on here is still able to remember the 489. I made friends with this 489 several years ago and we seem to get along well but from time to time a knife will get above the guards and not in the same place.I have always blamed rocks or other debris for this problem. Today I was cutting heavy beardless wheat in 6th gear on a 5600 ford about 550 pto rpm and she did it again but this time there was nothing any where near the knives but wheat. I have a factory service manual but no operators manual and the service manual has nothing on the sickel bar, guards, or hold downs, in the manual. So I really have no idea what should be a standard set up. I do think that the hold downs or guides if you will or the placement there of is the problem. Thanks in advance.



489 haybine knives get above guards

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire