NH270 square baler breaks shear bolts

dimanche 12 mai 2019

Hey everyone! I am new to the forum and hoping to gain a little advice/guidance.

Last year a purchased a NH 270 square baler. Very old of course, but in very good shape.

When I was using it, it worked quite well, without any additional set up, but the bales were super light. Like 30 lbs. I turned up the tension, and I got the bales to what felt like 50 or 55 lbs, but at that tension, I broke a shear bolt on the flywheel every time the knotter tripped. If I backed off the tension, it got better, but the bales are just too light. I would like to get 60 to 80 lb if I could.

I was baling an a 50/50 grass Alfalfa hay, and it was at 14-15 percent moisture. Using a 60 horse tractor. Trying for 70 strokes a minute and 16 flakes a bale.

I went through the baler and it seems all the timing settings are correct according to the manual. The only thing I noticed is that one of the aluminum fingers is broke off about halfway. It's the fingers on the bale chamber side that is broken.

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions as to the problem? I am assuming this baler had to be able to make heavier bales.

Thanks for the help!

NH270 square baler breaks shear bolts

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire