Lifting cattle gate off it's hinges

mardi 7 juillet 2020

I have a 10' or so cattle gate that separates 2 pastures. Right now the cattle are separate from the sheep untill the lambs are old enough to get out of the cows way. Somebody, don't know who, is lifting it off of it's hinges. The first few times it was no biggie but the last time I had to do a whole sheep round up just to get everyone separated again. I wrapped a chain through the gate near the hinge just incase it happened again, and sure enough it did.

 

The hinges are the twist in self tapping kind. I predrilled them so it wouldn't split the 6x6 post. I can put in heavier bolt in hinges that may fit the hinge hole tighter. Last time I did that with this brand I had to rat tail file the hing hole, oil it, and use a tie rod puller to pull the hinge onto the pivot. It's tight but there is no lifting it off.

 

I could stretch 200' of extension chord and use the arm breaker drill (its a beast) to drill out the post. I dont have a good enough welder to weld a washer or bolt to the top of the hinge pivot.

 

Anybody else ever have this problem. What was your fix?



Lifting cattle gate off it's hinges

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire