Alfalfa drowned... replant question.

dimanche 20 septembre 2015

I had a beautiful 2 year old alfalfa / orchard field that laid in water for almost 2 months this summer. (NW Ohio)   I cut first cutting July 4th weekend (with about every hay baler around here) and got it made decent (way too late, but at least green) anyway, we made the 2nd this week and notice the alfalfa is all but gone.  (in a 3' circle I might only find 1 or 2 spindly plants trying to grow).   Anyway, I hate to tear this up and start over as the grass is perfect, do you all think I could go back in there early spring (as early as I can get on the field) and no-till 10 pounds per acre of alfalfa back in there?   I know aged alfalfa leaves some kind of chemical behind that holds back new sprouts, but if I try next spring, the alfalfa would be gone for almost a year.  Thanks in advance for any help.  Regards, Jeff



Alfalfa drowned... replant question.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire