Weed ID - Foxtail???

mercredi 23 septembre 2015

My daughter takes some horse riding lessons and while out watching her ride around the riding ring, I spotted this grass/weed:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Is this foxtail?

Funny this would be in a horse riding ring - given it is not a desirable item to bale up in horse hay - or so I'm told.

Another interesting thing I saw when there, once finished, the horses were allowed to graze. Aside from the grasses, they avoided the pictured weed above and most of the grass - specifically went after the clover growing. Mostly heard clover was a no-no for horses. Others have told me it's like candy to them and they certainly were preferring it over everything else.

Any help on the weed ID is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Bill

Weed ID - Foxtail???

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire