Broadcasting Teff

mercredi 24 février 2016

Hey guys,
Has anyone had any luck broadcasting Teff seed with a 3pt spinner spreader?
I have about 15 acres in cereal rye I plan on cutting for straw (hopefully) and I was planning on working the land with a disc to bury the residue/stubble then cultipack it till its firm. Then I was going to broadcast the seed with the spreader and cultipack again.
I figure I'll have to increase the seed rate a bit to compensate for the broadcasting method but I believe the grain drill cannot be set low enough to get the desired rate.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as my background is in tobacco/row crops and this is my first experience with teff and pre-cut rye.

Thanks,
WCBR

Broadcasting Teff

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire