Help Lift Link Setting - Deere 468 Square Baler

samedi 27 février 2016

I recently bought a late model 468 baler that is missing knots too often and I'm trying to make certain the under-bale twine and over-bale twine are laying down nicely in the twine holder for knotting.  The problem is the needle frame to housing distance.  The manual says 3/4"-1" but even with the link adjusted all the way, it's double  that.  When I first got the baler, it wasn't knotting at all so,   Right or wrong, I drilled a second hole in the link to shorten it and bring the measurement into specs.   I checked everything else too and made adjustments here and there and it starting knotting but inconsistently (wrapping around the bale hook roller) so I'm back checking things but this time with the goal to get the two twines laying nicely in the twine holder.

 

In the original hole, I adjusted the link as short as possible and was 3" from the needle frame to the baler frame, which is actually 3 times the acceptable limit according to the manual.   In this position, the needles extend through the knotter so the needle tip is about 1/2" above the knotter where the twine holder adjustment bolt is housed (the top of the knotter assembly at the nearest point to the needles).    I know the lift link has been messed with because the castle nut holding the top of the lift link is missing a cotter pin.   

 

With the lift link in the makeshift hole to shorten it and bring it into specs,  the needles extend about the knotter assy. by about 3-4" and  the baler is out of timing by about 3-4" (short of the slot on the bale case), so I obviously need to have it timed based on how far the needle extends up through the knotter.  

 

I think the best thing If somebody has a clamp type lift link, could you measure it?

 

And also, can someone tell me how far your needle extend thru the knotter at the maximum?  I'm thinking that the most important thing because it affects how the twine would lay in the twine disc differently and would have impact on the timing of everything. 

 

I'm also having a problem adjusting the needles so they lightly push against the side of the knotter.  Anybody else have this problem? They are new needles, but they press too hard in every position.   The best I can do is move them to the left as much as possible but they are still too much pressure.

 

 

 

 

 



Help Lift Link Setting - Deere 468 Square Baler

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire