Re seeding hay

mardi 16 février 2016

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I am starting to farm in ontario, This will be my second year. I am renting another 30 acres but I cannot cash crop it so I will be haying it. It was in hay then it has sat idle for a few years so its weedy and I doubt it can be hayed. I am thinking plow it and disc it a bunch of times. I want to plant a mix of alfalfa and timothy to sell in small squares. I wont be able to do it for the spring time so I am planning on preparing it in June and seeding near the end of July. I have soil sampled and will be applying at least 200 pounds of 6-24-24 or more depending on my budget. 

 

I just wanted others opinions on what to do, keep in mind the owner would rather not have herbicide used. 



Re seeding hay

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire