First time owned by a calf

mardi 23 février 2016

Hello everyone, and thank you for letting me join this group. A little about us...we have a tiny Homestead, 7 acres, where we raise poultry for eggs and meat, Geese for "crowd control" American Guinea hogs for meat and sale, 2 miniature goats (a buck and a doe for milking) , one Shetland ewe for wool....and now...a just weaned bottle calf for breeding and milking much later. This is the first cow I have been owned by, and she has won my heart. I am starting her on leading training and she is doing fairly well. She doesn't struggle against the lead. I have her in the same "yard" as the Ewe, an area about 65 x 120 ft., well drained, great grassy pasture. One of my questions...when and what will she need as far as shots?  Will it be OK to raise her with my Ewe?  The person I bought her from kept feed in front of her 24/7 Is this what I need to do as well?  Thank you in advance for any and all help in answering my questions. I love my little Daisy Mae, and want her to be healthy and happy. 



First time owned by a calf

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire