Rolled my RTV today - sorry no pics!

dimanche 14 août 2016

Did the weekly tour of my farm this afternoon after doing some outdoors type work around the house.

Went down my hill in front of the house, usual route, no big deal. Got to the bottom and made my right turn and went about 50 feet and found my route blocked with a newly fallen tree limb. It was right in front of the many old tree stump piles that one of the previous owners left years ago.

Ok, went back and tried to go around it - yea, you guessed it - on the uphill side. Did ok until I hit hidden fallen tree log. The front wheel went over and I slowed way down, but not enough for the rear tire - over it went, in slow motion.

It was very much like this video of Buster Keaton at exactly the 1:25 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J8XM1_rOTg

Basically, it rolled so slow, I was able to get out the left side, watch it fall over and there I was standing in the cab of my RTV with the e-brake at my right foot, the steering wheel at my left knee and I'm looking directly at the gas tank fill cap and the left side of the RTV looking uphill. In other words, it could have been a lot worse.

Took about 20 minutes to walk back up my hill (I'm still feeling it), get my daughter to help and my tractor and back down we go.

Took about 5 minutes to get back down there, about 20 minutes to clear a recovery path then about 10 minutes to tow the RTV back up the hill - I had to go up my neighbor's hill about a 1/4 mile away since their hill is a lot less steep than my hill.

Sorry again, no pics - didn't even think about it until I had the RTV back in the shop.

Yea, cool story bro!!!

:pat:


Rolled my RTV today - sorry no pics!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire