Bush Hog Recommendations

dimanche 14 août 2016

Considering buying a bush hog of some sort for clipping my hay fields. When I say clip, I want the clipping height to be somewhat high such that I cut off weed blooms, i.e. queen anne's lace or other undesirable grass seed heads like purple top.

I want a pull behind vs 3pt and right now have 50 max PTO to work with. Clipping only, no heavy duty brush as high as the tractor and 2 or 3 inch autum olive.

Any recommendations? Width given the end use and limited hp? How high can I expect a pull behind to cut?

In addition I've cleared a couple fields this summer with the old 3pt bush hog and a lot of elbow grease. Not planning on planting any specific hay, i.e. Timothy or OG. I will overseed with something, but these fields will be simple mixed grass. It will get lime and fertilizer, etc., but I won't be spending a great deal of time or $$$'s cultivating these fields right off. I'd like to exhaust the legacy seed bed to some extent, so part of that effort will be herbicides and clipping the fields to control seeding. Plowing is out of the question due to the rocky nature of the property.

Any bush hog advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Bill

Bush Hog Recommendations

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire