At what speed should I drive my rotary windrower/swather?

mardi 6 septembre 2016

I am in a sense settling a debate. This is the second year we have had our windrower. It is a John Deere rotary cut windrower. At the top end of its speed, it runs around 9.5 regularly and obviously down to quite slow. Based on driving it, it seems that we get a cleaner cut when we cut on the higher end of the speed range, 8-9.5, but my neighbor, who likes to offer his opinion though he doesn't grow hay, insists that I am driving too fast. He insists that we purchased the "wrong" kind of windrower and that we should have purchased a sickle bar cutter. Is there a magic speed at which I should be cutting or should I assume that I should travel at the speed the machine lets me drive? I should add that our fields have furrows, so at the end of each row I have to slow to a stop to get lined up for the next swath and I slow down a bit when it gets bumpy.



At what speed should I drive my rotary windrower/swather?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire