New Holland 133 Stackliner problem & solution

mardi 6 septembre 2016

I have one of Alf Roeder's New Holland 133 Stackliners.  Tom Stallbaumer personally delivered it about 5 years ago towing it all the way from Seneca Kansas to my ranch in East Texas.  For the last five years it has been bullet proof and except for new tires it has been maintenance free. Starting on my first cutting this year I had lingering problems with the first table stalling in the up position against the second table and stalling on the second table when fully loaded with 15 bales.  The result was frequent jamming in the pickup chute and first table, etc.  Anyhow, this Saturday during a break I took it to the shop and used the air hose to blow out any dust, dirt, or hay and relube everything.  I had previously tried adjusting trip mechanisms without any luck.  By pure chance, I noticed a very small spring broken on the trip mechanism underneath a larger spring.  I used some baling wire to reattach the spring and gave the 133 a test run.  Works like a champ again.  Thought I would share this info in case anyone with a Stackliner has similar problems.  We started putting up small square Bermuda bales at noon and had put over 1800 bales in the barn by 11pm.  Since I have a barn with 20ft joists, I just dump the hay in the barn and have a hay crew stack it by hand to 14 layers as the Stackliner only stacks up 7 levels.  Sure wish we had the Stackliner when I was a kid as it takes a lot of the hard work out of haying.  If I didn't have it, I'd be doing rounds only and cutting my hay profits in half.

Attached Thumbnails

  • DSCN1466.JPG


New Holland 133 Stackliner problem & solution

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire