Rolled Some Tifton 85

mardi 6 septembre 2016

A friend has the only Tifton 85 Bermudagrass I know of in this county. Not supposed to grow this far north. Only 5 acres.

He does not need the hay and fired the last free guy that baled. He had shredded it high a couple of times this year and asked if I wanted to cut it for hay.

All I have ever seen were pictures of Tifton. This had lodged pretty badly and the disc mower glided over a good bit. 

Needless to say I had to go slow when baling. We single raked the terraces, then V raked the middles, then came back with the rake and swept into small windrows what the baler missed.

Made 36  4x5 rolls on the 5 acres. Wish I could get it full time and cut every 30 days.

Attached Thumbnails

  • unnamed-17.jpg
  • unnamed-14.jpg
  • unnamed-13.jpg


Rolled Some Tifton 85

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire