Vermeer 554XL Wide Pickup, Cam Track Bearings

mercredi 7 septembre 2016

Can anyone provide information/pointers on replacing cam track bearings on a Vermeer XL baler.  I have the 554XL with wide pickup.  I attempted to inspect as I have sporadic bale start problems if don't start into row slowly/clutch.

 

1) Vermeer said "if you can move the pickup back and forth a few inches, the bearings are gone".  My entire pickup does not move back in forth, if feels fine, I assume the reference is to each individual pickup bar.  Some appear to not move much, and some appear to move/rotate a few inches by hand.  That is, if i grab a single tooth and pull it forward, that single tine bar bar will rotate foward several inches, the "pickup assembly" itself is not moving or rotating.  What am I looking for?

 

2) On the "drivers side" of the baler, once I open cover to the wide pickup hatch, there appears to be a small inspection slot in which I believe I can see the cam track/bearings.  The baler only has 3,000 bales of grass hay, so I surprised that I even need bearings, but it is 12+ years old and was stored outside some of those years.  I seem to see some grooving in then cam track, is this going to be ok once i replace bearings, has anyone seen the need to replace the cam track itself?

 

3) Can you explain process/pointers of how to go about this changing of the cam bearings, and any other related advice.

 

As mentioned, I am trying to solve a bale start/belt flip problem that happens sometimes.

 



Vermeer 554XL Wide Pickup, Cam Track Bearings

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire