Vermeer 554XL, Bale Start/Belt Flip Problem

mercredi 7 septembre 2016

I have a vermeer 554xl with wide pickup.

 

If I attempt to start a bale at "full speed" ie roughly 4 miles per hour, sometimes the bale wont start and belt flips.  I have tried pto from 300 rpms to 540 rpms, but sometimes it will not start the bale.  So rather than chance pulling a plug, I have been starting bales with 400ish rpms and clutchingfonce or twice within the first 15's so the core will spin, and basically no belt/ flips/plugs.

 

To be specific about plug, basically I encounter one problem: the bale fails to start and hay seems to wad up in at the far right edge of the chamber (ie passenger side), causing the 14" belt to flip inwards on itself.  The bale is not turning inside, but the belts are turning.  It is always the right side belt that flips (ie passenger side of baler), and always flips inward with hay expanding up between the belt and chamber wall.  I will look closer, maybe 1 or 2 teeth are missing at that location, but in general teeth are in good shape.  Can anyone help me hone in on this specific belt flip/bale start problem.  Local dealer does have any "real" information, Darryl at Vermeer said XL baler should not require "slow start or clutching", and I agree, I dont like clutching.  I have been told to check teeth, cam bearings, starter roller clearance, and be sure the belts ARE turning with no hay in chamber.  Per my other recent post, I am trying to check cam bearings, as I am not familiar with that.

  • Teeth are in pretty good shape, as i replaced about 1/2 of them a year ago (all that were weak or broke at that time). 
  • (2) 14" outer belts (very new), (2) 6" inner belts (still pliable and light texture) so belts seem good (all same length, 440")
  • Starter roller is turning, bolts are not sheared
  • Starter roller is within 2 3/4 to 3" of teeth (I plan to adjust all the way down to 2 1/2)
  • I have never run the baler with the wind guard on, as when i bought it used it was off, and the prior owner said "just one more thing to take off when it plugs" (he was having plug problems because of missing/weak teeth)
  • Does the wind gaurd help with any problems, I have it but just have not bothered to put it back on? 
  • Again, it is always the same belt and same side of belt that flips and thus plugs.  So to me it seems like there should be an isolated problem??
  • Windrows do not seem to be the problem, as they are usually wider then 4' baler as i max out the wide pickup?  I asked Darryl if I was possibly putting TOO much hay on outside, and he basically said you can never put too much on the edges "pack the walls and the rest will take care of itself".   But at the same time, if I recall, he said the belt runs to where there is not enough, and the belt is flipping inward?

Sorry for the long post, but I have read as many other related posts as I can, and I am trying to get to my specific problem. 

 

Any specific advice on belt flip-no bale start is appreciated.

 

 

 

 



Vermeer 554XL, Bale Start/Belt Flip Problem

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire